1. You only have two years to file your claim. In Idaho, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim is only two years. You lose your claim forever if you do not file in time!
2. The insurance companies involved may not have your interests at heart! Like any business, insurance companies aim to keep costs down and reduce their overhead. Hiring an attorney can be the best way to insure you have an advocate for you!
3. If you don’t hire an attorney, you may not be aware of all of your potential legal rights to recovery in Idaho. Other than your medical bills, you may also be able to recover for lost wages and pain and suffering. Even your family members may have claims due to your severe injuries.
4. You need to understand your settlement options. A lot of injury cases resolve out of court without a trial. In such cases, the defendant or his insurance company may offer you compensation to avoid a lawsuit. Your attorney can provide an evaluation to help you decide whether settling is the best option in your case or not.
5. Proving who is at fault can be complex. Even with a police report saying the other party is at fault, sometimes proving negligence can be difficult in a Court of law. An attorney who understands Idaho law can provide citations, legal authority and other sources that support your position.